Experiential Early Learning
Our Nursery Room
Our Nursery room is an exciting and engaging environment for our babies. We pride ourselves on creating a physical and emotional space where each child’s needs are met while they are in our care. The children are grouped in small groups (maximum of 12 infants per day) – which we feel is important for this age group. We prioritise developing respectful and reciprocal connections with our babies, so that we can be responsive to their needs before expressive language skills develop.
In the Nursery room, you will see many wonderful play and learning experiences that help our infants develop in a happy and safe way. Some of the experiences that our Nursery room educators see as important are:
- Creating an environment where each child feels safe, secure and supported.
- Connecting with each child and understanding their routine.
- Positive interactions with children and their families.
- Providing a safe and supportive environment for children to develop their skills and abilities.
- Communicating with families to ensure that each child’s needs are met and consistently supported.
- Sensory play experiences that encourage the children to explore their world through the use of their senses.
- Art experiences that allow children to explore freely and gain confidence in their abilities.
- Music and movement through daily practices and transitions. We understand that there is a strong relationship between music and brain development.
- Physical activity that supports each child’s stage of development. Each milestone that is achieved by our children is so special to each of our educators.
We strive to provide our babies with the greatest gifts – a sense of Belonging; the joy of Being; and the curiosity and confidence needed to fulfil their potential – Becoming the child they wish to be.